Multichem A1c (distributed by Abbott)
Multichem A1c Control is intended for use as a third party, bi- level, liquid stable quality control material to monitor the precision of laboratory testing procedures for Haemoglobin A1c determination Assays. This third party control material is available from your local Abbott Diagnostics office.
The intended patient population are those with diabetes. The haemoglobin A1c test, also called HbA1c, glycated haemoglobin test, or glycol-haemoglobin, is an important blood test that shows how well a patient’s diabetes is being controlled.
Multichem A1c Control is designed as a bi-level, liquid stable frozen product. The product will typically be run after reagent calibration and at a frequency dictated by laboratory QC procedures and reagent / instrument manufacturer instructions. The product should be treated the same as patient specimens and run in accordance with the instructions accompanying the instrument, kit or reagent being used. The control is to be stored at -20°C to –80°C and thawed as per IFU prior to use. The product is to be stored at 2 to 8°C between use.
- Satisfies regulatory guidelines for use of independent controls
- Concentrations targeted at clinically relevant values
- Long shelf life extends lot availability
- Frozen Liquid stable, bi-level control
- 30 days open vial stability once thawed and stored at 2 to 8 degrees
- 24 months shelf life once stored at -20 to -80°C degrees
- Third party independent quality control
- Human based materials used as part of manufacturing process
- Mimics performance of commutable patient samples